“Do one thing at a time” – IT Support Episode 37
Hi, I’m Christian from “Northstar IT” and this week I want you to cast your minds back to the day before Christmas.
So for those who weren’t already working from home, I think it’s safe to say Christmas Eve was the day that people got sent to work from home, or just have the day off, my team included. And I was hoping that to be me, hopefully to have a few days away from the office at the very least.
However Captain Christian had a slight time warp in his memory and left several Christmas presents sitting on his meeting room table in his office. So I jumped in the car and headed back.
Just like the poem “not a creature was stirring. Barely a car on the road”.
I thought I’ll give a friend a call for a catch up and just as we were getting near to the end of that call once I’d already arrived in the office and I did say,
– “Right, I’ve got a few things to do. I’m gonna have to call you back later.”
– “Oh damn! There’s something wrong with the screen.”
– “What’s wrong?”
– “Well, I haven’t logged off my computer yet and all of a sudden the screen’s gone blank.”
– “What? Blank as in frozen or…”
– “No, it’s completely black as night.”
– “Well you are talking to an IT professional, how can I help?”
– “It was absolutely fine five minutes ago.”
And he starts fiddling around, checking the cables and I was waiting for an opportunity to try and help, but he was busy running through exactly what he was doing and then all of a sudden said,
– “Oh damn!”
– “What’s up? What have you done?”
– “I think five minutes ago while I was busy talking to you I just turned the screen off. That’s why it’s blank.”
As I always say,
– “it’s always better to do one thing well, rather than several things badly”
and when he did say,
– “you’re going to make a vLog out of this, aren’t you?”
– “You’re damn right I am!”
Until next time…
Not sure I like that one, give it another go.
So until next time.
“You’re damn right I am!”