We are also looking for a Field Engineer to carry out onsite support and carryout installations. They will backup the helpdesk when not on site, looking after our wonderful customers. Be prepared to go where no geek has gone before!
This role will be based from our busy Lancing offices, but regular travel will be part of the role, both on the road and by rail. Our clients are in general less than 2 hours travel from our mothership. As you’ll be dealing with end users in person and on the phone, excellent interpersonal skills are essential, while being backed up with excellent telephone-based support abilities. A confident manner is helpful. Experience of this sort of support environment (supporting SMEs) would be hugely beneficial, especially having worked previously for an MSP. Although the role will be primarily supporting and installing desktops & laptops (Windows 8-11 Pro), as well as various associated IT equipment as required, some basic support & administrative experience of the Windows Server platform from 2012 to 2022 & Microsoft Exchange would be desirable, although not essential.
You’ll need to be fluent in supporting the Microsoft Office suite of products from 2013 upwards, including the 365 suite of products, and management platform. Additional experience with software such as Sage, Trend & BitDefender security products as well as hardware, including various mobile devices would be an advantage. You should also be confident at basic firewall/router related configurations as well as day to day business firewall ports, IPv4, IPv6 & DNS.
As the position will be based from their offices in Lancing near Worthing, for practicality you will need to be within a 60 minute commute of this location. Although once the probation period is over, there is some flexibility to work from home at times too. There is limited onsite parking with additional facilities nearby on the business park when space is unavailable onsite. When not on site working directly, with clients you will be working from the office where you will be part of the helpdesk team. You will raise and deal with support tickets as they arise, and co-ordinating with the other field engineers. While in the office, there may be occasions where you will need to assist unloading a delivery, but also unloading your own van onsite, so for this you will need to have a reasonable level of active physical ability and fitness.
Additional training will be ongoing as part of the role but there is an opportunity to study for Microsoft qualifications as well as other vendor certifications.
The ideal IT Field Engineer will need to be called Scotty! OK, more seriously…
You will need to demonstrate excellent in person and telephone communication as well as technical skills. Be able to work well as part of the team, as well as on your own initiative & at times under pressure. You’ll need to be able evaluate and be able to prioritise tasks, but also be patient while remaining professional. Although they’re an expanding company, this doesn’t compromise their personal and friendly approach to clients and each other, which they highly valued in the culture of their business. You will need to have a ‘can do’ attitude while still looking after the wellbeing of yourself and that of your colleagues.
- Proven track record of providing excellent 1st and 2nd line technical support to end users, as part of the Helpdesk.
- Proven track record in installing hardware and software onsite.
- Detailed job recording and accuracy in ticket documentation.
- Good written and excellent verbal English.
- Good time keeping & be enthusiastic!
- Good attention to detail.
- Be well self-motivated & confident.
- Able to diagnose faults and investigate solutions.
- Have a full UK driving licence.
- Ideally to have at least one Microsoft certification module and show willing to train further.
IT Field Engineer Benefits
- A starting salary of up to £26,000, depending on experience.
- A generous paid holiday allowance above the legal minimum.
- A company van. An option subject to P11D deductions, you will have the option to use this for personal use.
- Personal selection of time off in lieu or paid overtime when required at weekends.
- Access to the free company tuckshop, no they don’t pay for dental!
- A company contributed to pension fund.
- You get your birthday off, or if your birthday falls on a weekend, you have the Friday off.
- 3 days off for Christmas (time off in lieu if you are a duty engineer).
- After 2 years, you receive an extra day off for each year beyond that, for a maximum of 5 bonus days.
- Quarterly company bonus scheme with a breakeven bonus, and a higher target bonus.
Please ensure applications are submitted quickly. We will be contacting applicants through the process as we wish to start interviews ASAP, so watch your inbox (and junk filter) for an invite for interview.
If you are offered an interview, the process will involve a theory and practical assessment, and if you pass this stage, you will proceed to an interview. with the Captain and Chief Engineer, which maybe on Teams. Short listed candidates must be willing to attend a trial day which is the final stage of the process. You’ll be able to test drive us, as well as us you!
If you feel you’re suitable for this IT Field Engineer role then PLEASE APPLY TODAY by emailing your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.